Lisa – Raleigh, NC
1. Fresh strawberries, watermelon, homemade ice cream and dark chocolate are some of my favorite foods.
2. I never order the chocolate dessert at a restaurant.
3. Born and raised in Wake Forest, NC, I grew up on my great grandfather's farm land.
4. I can hear musical notes/tones/pitch extremely well.
5. Incorrect abbreviations such as ‘thru' and ‘nite' drive me crazy.
6. My stomach was called ‘Fred' in high school; I ate a lot.
7. Spring is almost my favorite season.
8. Summer is my favorite season.
9. I had ACL reconstructive surgery on my right knee and the physical therapy was terrible.
10. I learned to drive a manual transmission car when I was 7, my dad taught me.
11. My first car was a hand-me-down 1986 Volvo with a manual transmission and it was awesome.
12. If I could participate in any race it would be a rally race.
13. I drove my Volvo like it was a rally car when I was in high school; my dad didn't maintain our .5 mile-long curvy dirt path to try to slow me down.
14. Another kid in a roller toy rolled over my foot while I was crawling when I was 9-months-old and broke my leg.
15. I learned how to walk 3 times due to the broken leg (before cast, with cast, without cast).
16. I keep tasting olives with the hope that I'll like them and I still don't like them.
17. I despise Lesueur peas out of a can.
18. I learned to love Brussels sprouts later in life.
19. My favorite way to eat an egg is deviled or hard-boiled.
20. Strong smells like perfumes and flowers give me a headache.
21. I stopped drinking caffeine when I was pregnant with my first child, and I never started again.
22. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is my alma mater. Go Heels!
23. I studied abroad in London for a semester and traveled in Europe – thanks Mom and Dad!
24. I can flip my tongue upside down.
25. I have one younger brother.
26. My favorite recent gift is the record player my husband gave me for Christmas 2015.
27. The Four Seasons and The Beatles records are played incessantly in our house; my 2-year-old and 4-year-old love to sing and dance along to the music.
28. The 24-hour clock makes more sense to me now that I've started using it.
29. Have you ever tried to make a list of 30 things about you? Try it, it's hard! And the people in your life may learn something about you.
30. We recently adopted a dog and everyone in the family named her: Daisy Broccoli Apple Wookie.