Who wants to spend all their free time cleaning the house? Use these time-saving house cleaning tips to get all your deep cleaning done so you can get back to what you really want to be doing.
I am a fan of a clean home – I want to enjoy my home without fighting dust bunnies or having sticky counters or mystery stains on the couch. But spend all my free time cleaning? You've got to be kidding me.
I am definitely not a person who cleans for fun. I like cleaning the most when I can see the before and after difference – the fruits of my labor, so the speak.
If the thought of deep cleaning your home is stressing you out, this post is for you. You don’t have to scrub every surface by hand with a tiny toothbrush—in fact, deep cleaning CAN be fun (and burn a few calories in the process).
With these cleaning hacks for lazy and busy moms, you'll get the job done in a fraction of the time – woohoo!
Warm weather is coming, and I want to be outside enjoying it, not stuck inside scrubbing my floors. Effective cleaning hacks to make the job quick and simple is totally my jam.
I love that we live in a time when it's easy to share ideas with each other to make everyone's lives easier! A huge thank you to all the sites that contributed ideas to this post 🙂
Crank up some music, get the whole family involved (or at least the kids), then open the windows and start tackling the job – before you know it, the job will be DONE!
Related: Top Benefits of Spring Cleaning
Genius Time-Saving Tips For Cleaning Your House
What are some cleaning hacks, you ask? Oh boy, have we got you covered! Take a moment to look through them to find the ones you need to help save time.
Deep Cleaning Hacks For Your Kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of the home – few places get as much traffic as your kitchen, which makes it the perfect place to utilize some deep cleaning tips. Getting your kitchen in tip-top shape will help you move around your kitchen more efficiently and make meal prep and cooking easier and smoother.
- Take control of your fridge and freezer – go from grungy to gleaming in 30 minutes or less with these easy fridge cleaning hacks! – The Soccer Mom Blog
- Make your cabinets look brand news by scrubbing them with this DIY cleanser – One Good Thing By Jillee
- Rather than using harsh chemicals or running the self-cleaning feature which can generally stink up your entire house, clean your oven the easy way. – The Kitchn
- Finally, get your oven glass sparkling clean with this step-by-step tutorial for how to clean oven glass, including those stubborn interior stains! – The Happier Homemaker
- This is the easiest way to clean those grimy oven racks. This method is so easy and they will look good as new. – Organized Island
- Learn how to clean your dishwasher the right way and keep it running well. This is a wonderful cleaning hack that uses a steam cleaner and vinegar. – What's Up Fagans
- Organize under the kitchen sink by pulling everything out from inside and throwing away anything you don't need. Keep everything nice and organized with a supplies caddy.
- When’s the last time you deep cleaned your stove vent filter? Maybe it's been years? I was the same way until I learned these easy tricks – now it gets cleaned every 6 months or so in a snap. – Den Garden
- Is your pantry like a black hole – you add things to it only to never see them again? Then these tips are for you. – The Krazy Coupon Lady
- Got burnt food and stains stuck to the bottom of your pans? Make your pans sparkle by giving them a good deep cleaning. – Apartment Therapy
- Get your sink and disposal squeaky clean with this brilliant DIY cleaning strategy! – Simple Most
Deep Cleaning Hacks For Your Bathrooms
Yup, I think we can all agree. The bathroom is always in need of a good deep cleaning (especially when you have kids – ugh they get so gross). Here are some easy methods to try!
- Scrub down the mirror. Yes, your mirror may get a wipe down every once in a while when things are looking bad (literally). To deep clean your mirror, skip the chemicals and use this one reusable AH-MAZING rag with a little water.
- Under the right conditions, like a steamy bathroom, mold and mildew can grow in as little as 48 hours. Learn how to clean mold without scrubbing with my favorite tools and tricks to get rid of mold and mildew in the bathroom, once and for all. – Atta Girl Says
- Make your grout sparkle. I wish I had known this hack years ago! – Good Housekeeping
- Clear out your cabinets. Pull everything out of your drawers, medicine cabinets and out from underneath the sink. Group like items together then put only what should live in that place back.
- Face the toilet. Let’s be honest. Out of all the items to clean in the bathroom, are there any areas that seem as bad to clean? You won't feel that way after checking out these terrific cleaning hacks for busy and lazy moms. – Clean and Sensible
- Tackle the bathroom sink. Prepare to be shocked—your bathroom sink harbors more bacteria than your toilet seat. It's true! – The Savvy Couple
- Refresh your towels. Even the best towels need a little pick-me-up once in a while. Use this routine with baking soda and vinegar to deep clean and de-scent them all. – My Thirty Spot
- Clean your bath mats. Likewise, take the time to clean your bath mats with this easy deep cleaning hack. Toss your mats in the washer along with a scoop or so of OxiClean, then let them air dry.
- Sanitize your floors. The easiest way you can sanitize any floor in your home is to steam mop. Genius!
Deep Cleaning Hacks For Your Living Room
This is the spot where most people want to put their feet up and relax. Here is how to get your living room extra clean.
- Make your windows sparkle with this easy deep cleaning hack – seriously one of my very favorite house cleaning hacks (and safe for the kids to use!).
- Deep clean rugs and carpet. Rugs in your living room are a high traffic area that probably haven’t gotten much more attention than a quick vacuum over the past few months. Use these living room cleaning hacks. – Little Things
- Polish wood surfaces. Take note of any scratches or nicks that may need treating and filling while you clean.
- Seriously deep clean your upholstery. Make it all look like new again. – One Crazy House
- Clean your curtains. Cleaning experts recommend you vacuum your curtains monthly to remove dust mites and allergens. Here's how. – Housewife How Tos
Deep Cleaning Hacks For The Bedrooms
Give the bedrooms in your home a little extra love this spring with these super easy deep cleaning tips for bedrooms.
- Air out your mattress with this deep cleaning hack. – Real Simple
- Do some heavy-duty dusting with these dusting hacks. Dust your ceiling fan and crown molding with this handy telescope duster that reaches all those tall spots you normally cannot.
- Give your carpet a good cleaning. Use this handy spot carpet cleaner on any stains and then vacuum your carpet thoroughly.
- Clean your baseboards. When’s the last time you wiped down the baseboards in your home? If you are like me, it’s been a while. – House Tipster
- Deep clean your bedding. Your bedding is probably harboring a lot of dead skin cells and bacteria. Thankfully, cleaning your linens and pillows isn’t that hard if you follow these deep cleaning hacks. – Happily Homegrown
- Dust your blinds. When it comes to dusting, you don’t often think of blinds, but this genius dusting tool will help you do it quick as a flash.
Deep Cleaning Hacks For Your Laundry Room
Your laundry room is another high traffic room. Take extra good care of your laundry machine and the space it lives in with these deep cleaning tips.
- Wash the washing machine. One area of your home that will definitely need a deep cleaning is your washing machine. Use these to make it easy.
- Keep your dryer vent lint-free. Lint isn’t just unsightly and annoying, it can actually be dangerous and cause fires if too much accumulates. Use this step-by-step method to clean your dryer and keep it safe. – The Family Handyman
- Steam your clothes iron. Follow these steps to learn exactly how to clean your iron and keep it fresh. – Handy
- Wipe all baskets. Your clothes baskets have seen a lot over the years. Wipe them down with your favorite biodegradable cleaning wipes so they stay fresh.
General House Deep Cleaning Hacks That Will Save You Time!
- Keep the air clean by changing those HVAC filters on a regular basis. – Charleston Crafted
- See all the different vinegar hacks for cleaning all areas of your home. From cleaning your microwave, removing pen marks and so much more. – Adventures of a Nurse
- Remove those hard water stains to keep your bathroom sparkling! Who cares if you have hard water, these hacks save the day. – The Forked Spoon
Related: 19 places you don't want to skip when doing your deep cleaning!
Tips to Make Your House Smell Amazing
No collection of tips for cleaning your house would be complete without some mention of how to make your home smell amazing.
- Add a scented homemade lavender sachet to your drawers and storage baskets to make them smell clean, fresh, and amazing.
- Have you ever thought how can essential oils work at cleaning your home? Here are some essential oil hacks for tackling your home in a hurry and making it smell amazing at the same time! – Wunder Mom
Following these cleaning tips will make sure your home is a fresh to live in and help you get the job done quickly!
Tell us in the comments below: what other tips for cleaning your house would you like to see included in this list?
PIN FOR LATER: