Heather – Denver, Colorado
1) I would eat Mac and Cheese every night if I could (I'm still a kid at heart!).
2) I love being outside doing you-name-it: gardening, hiking, swimming, playing, taking walks, sitting and enjoying the fresh air, watching the clouds, etc.
3) While I don't mind the actual work of cleaning, I don't like to do it until I can see a real difference in the “before and after”.
4) I have lived in only 2 states: North Carolina for 22 years and Colorado for 15 years.
5) In my “former” life (aka, before kids), I was a gymnastics instructor.
6) Now I'm a group exercise instructor.
7) Turning off my alarm clock is my least favorite time of day. It takes me a while to wake up!
8) I don't drink coffee.
9) I had 3 babies in 39 months. All boys. I haven't stopped to rest since.
10) The smell of Lilacs is my favorite smell!
11) I have a hard time just sitting and “not being productive”.
12) I love hearing peoples' stories and listening to what they have to share about themselves.
13) Koalas are my favorite animal. Since they are mean little creatures (and I don't live in their native Australia), my favorite animal to interact with is a tie between a snuggly dog and a guinea pig
14) Favorite color: Kentucky (the university) Blue
15) Hobbies: crochet, reading, exercising, hiking, learning how to make things (costumes, food, cleaning products, decorations, crafts) for my family, spending time with my family
16) So far, I have never broken a bone. Knock on wood.
17) Spring is my absolute favorite time of year. I feel like I come alive again, along with the tree leaves and flowers.
18) I am a recovering picky eater.
19) When I was a kid, the only veggie I would eat was green beans. I've worked hard to like more veggies and add more to my list every year. Now that list includes: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, kale, peas, snap peas, and mushrooms (I know, technically a fungus, but to me anything that isn't a carb, protein or fruit is a veggie!).
20) No matter how hard I try, I cannot whistle!
21) My favorite day of the week is Saturday.
22) We used to have 2 dogs and a cat. All of our animals have now passed, and even with 3 boys in the house, it seems quiet. We decided to spice things up by adopting a dog from the Boulder Humane Society. Our Lexie is such a turkey!
23) While chocolate is my ultimate favorite food, my favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake.
24) The only foreign countries I have been to are Mexico and Canada.
25) We have 6 people in our family with birthdays all in the same week in April. Three of those people have the same birthday, and none of them are siblings.
26) I have never been to Disney World.
27) Even though I live in Colorado near the mountains, my favorite place to be is at the beach.
28) I am fascinated by anything to do with outer space.
29) While we were dating, my husband gave me a black and white photograph of the Hale Bopp comet over snow capped Colorado mountains. I absolutely love it and always have it hanging somewhere I can see it easily.
30) I really enjoy learning random things and hope to always remain “teachable” in life and love.