I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Learn more about what it is and who I have nominated to receive this distinction!!
Wow! What an honor I get to share with you today 🙂
I’m so excited because my friend Nicole Cline from Not Quite Supermom nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
It was a wonderful surprise to receive her email and see the nomination on her blog post.
Nicole helped me create our fabulous Autumn Activity Packet for kids last fall.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers whom they feel display positivity, creativity, and sunshine via their blog.
In my opinion, it is a high honor to be recognized by your colleagues and your peers (so for me that means other parenting and lifestyle bloggers).
Each nominated blogger then, in turn, nominates 11 other bloggers who inspire them or they admire. It’s a great accomplishment to be recognized and a wonderful opportunity to encourage others to keep sharing the love.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provides a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and (optional) display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
My 11 Questions to Answer
Let’s get to the good stuff! I love the questions that she asked! In fact, I thought they were so good I had trouble coming up with my own and wanted to steal hers. I ended up only stealing a couple of hers 😉
Here are Nicole’s questions and my answers.
1. What’s in your playlist (music or podcasts) right now?
I have quite a mix on my iPod right now! As a group exercise instructor, I always have a mix from my two classes: Piyo (a cardio pilates/yoga fusion) as well as from Turbo Kick (a cardio kickboxing class).
I also have Imagine Dragons high on the list right now because my kids love that group. And I have personally been loving Musicality remakes of the songs from The Greatest Showman movie.
The Do It Scared Podcast from Ruth Soukup is also a favorite of mine right now. She’s so inspiring and encouraging. I love listening to her!
2. What is something small that makes you happy?
A warm gentle breeze is just heavenly to me!
3. What is one of your goals for 2019?
One of my goals for 2019 is to clean out my storage room in my house. I have a small room that holds the remaining boxes from when we moved in as well as boxes of my mother-in-law’s stuff from when she passed away.
I want to go through all those things and declutter: get rid of what we don’t need and incorporate what we want into our home. But having tons of boxes sitting around doesn’t cut it – they make me crazy.
4. If you had to pick one which would you select and why? $1500 or to be completely unplugged for 30 days?
Honestly….I’d pick the $1500 because I’m a technology junkie and don’t think I could do 30 days completely unplugged. That makes me a little sad to write, but it’s honest.
At the very least going through 30 days completely unplugged would be completely life-changing in a way that I am not sure I want to change.
5. What is your favorite way to relax/practice self-care?
I love being active and outside: gardening, yard work, taking walks, hiking, going swimming, bike rides, etc!
6. Which books are on your spring/summer reading list?
The top 4 on my list:
- The Story of Home by Krista Sandor
- Free to Focus by Michael Hyatt
- The Wonder of Boys by Michael Gurian
- Do It Scared by Ruth Soukup
7. What do you love about blogging?
I love blogging because I get to help people with my own experience.
I get to share things that I have learned the hard way so that others can skip those same bumps and bruises that I have had to live (and learn) through.
Also, I love the connection I get to build with people. I have met some truly incredible people through blogging that I would never have met otherwise!
8. If you were going to binge watch any show, what would it be?
I’m a sucker for binge-watching good tv shows (especially in the winter)! Right now it’s Suits. Before that, it was Ray Donovan, and before that, it was Sneaky Pete.
Throw in the occasional repeat of Gilmore Girls or Friends, and I’m all set!
9. What is your favorite easy-peasy dinner to make?
Grilled pork chops (yum), steamed veggies, and rice (or crock pot baked potato). Throw in some fruit salad for a “cherry on top”! Quick…easy…healthy…delicious. Perfect!
10. What is your favorite way to be creative?
I love to brainstorm when I’m in the shower or on a walk with my dog. I feel like my best ideas come during times like that when I don’t have the ability to write the ideas down!
11. If money and time were not an issue, where would you travel to?
Australia and New Zealand. I have wanted to see those two countries for as long as I can remember. Costa Rica is also very high on my list. One day… 🙂
Here is the list of 11 bloggers that I have selected, go check out their incredible blogs!
Jennifer from My Boys and Their Toys
Jenn from More Than a Mom of Three
Tanille from Inspirational Momma
Michelle from Confessions of Parenting
Elizabeth from Worth Writing For
Caitlin from Real Mom Recs
Liz from The Stay Sane Mom
Samantha from Journey to SAHM
Kathleen from The Fresh Cooky
Victoria from One Sharp Mama
Brooke from Happy Simple Mom
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is a meaningful lesson you have learned in life?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- Which books are on your spring/summer reading list?
- What is a parenting gem of wisdom that helps you as a parent?
- As a child, what did you dream of doing for a living?
- What is one thing you would tell your younger self?
- What is the best movie or tv show you have seen so far this year? Why did you like it?
- How did your blog get its name and why did you start it?
- What travel destinations are on your travel bucket list?
- What is one interesting thing that people don’t know about you?
- What does your typical weekend look like?
I can’t wait to read the responses from all my nominees!
Thank you again, Nicole, for choosing me to receive this nomination!
If you’d like to hear my responses to my own questions for my nominees, follow me on Facebook – I’ll be posting the answers there!
I’d love to hear from YOU in the comments below! What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?