This no-bake chocolate lasagna has layers of cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding whipped cream, and chocolate chips on top of an oreo crust! No doubt about it, this divine dessert lasagna is a crowd-pleaser!
Dessert lasagna (also called oreo lasagna or chocolate lasagna) is perfect dessert for all of the chocolate lovers in your life – and even most of the people who don't love chocolate (ex: my husband) will dish on this dish.
Seriously, who can resist layers of chocolate mixed with cream cheese and whipped cream? My favorite is to bring this dessert lasagna to gatherings and potlucks, and watch it disappear. I never bring any back home with me!
And while I love watching it disappear (while hoping I can have just a little myself!), my favorite part about this chocolate lasagna recipe is that there is no baking involved!
Related Post: No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Parfait
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
My entire family goes gaga for this easy layered oreo lasagna. Since it’s a cold dessert, it's perfect for ANY occasion, but it tastes especially amazing when it's hot outside.
I tried a dessert like this one many years ago and played around with the recipe to make it the same way I remembered it tasting.
I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and how much my entire family loved it (even the ones who would prefer a different flavor gobble this down like it was going out of style)!
Every layer in this oreo lasagna dessert is just decadent. It might remind you of Olive Garden's chocolate lasagna, but this one is better! Then again, I think almost any recipe is better homemade. 😘
Give this chocolate lasagna recipe a try – you'll thank me! (you're welcome)
How To Make Chocolate Lasagna
There are 5 layers in this no-bake layered chocolate dessert, and once you see how easy it is to make, you’ll gladly fulfill requests to make this simple, scrumptious treat time and time again.
5 Decadent Layers
This chocolate lasagna has 5 layers – a cookie crust, silky cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding, whipped cream topping, and some sort of chocolate garnish (miniature chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, etc).
This dessert is easy to make, especially if you have a hand mixer and a food processor. It only takes 30 minutes to put together, but then needs to chill before serving, so I highly recommend making it early (up to 2 days), if possible.
I like to put together this chocolate lasagna recipe in a 9×13 casserole dish. However, you could also make this classic hot-weather dessert in other types of dishes: a pie plate, a parfait dish, or anything else you want.
1. Oreo Crust Layer
The cookie crust is a simple combination of crushed Oreos (with the cream!) and butter that gets pressed into the bottom of a greased baking dish and chilled.
Add your whole Oreos to the food processor and pulse until they are tiny crumbles. Mix the crumbles with melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
Place your dish with the crust into the refrigerator to chill while you make the next layer.
2. Cream Cheese Layer
This layer is silky and creamy and simply tastes amazing. Whip your cream cheese until it's light and fluffy, then stir in milk and sugar. Finally, fold in whipped cream.
Spread this mixture over the Oreo crust to chill in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate pudding layer.
3. Chocolate Pudding Layer
Whisk together the milk and pudding mix until thickened. Then spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Chill until the pudding sets (roughly 5 to 10 minutes).
4. Whipped Cream Layer
Spread whipped cream over the pudding layer.
5. Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles or Shavings Layer
Finally, sprinkle with chocolate chips (or shavings or sprinkles). Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
Tips For Oreo Lasagna Success
- Grease your pan! Having that delicious Oreo crust to stick to the bottom of your pan would be a serious bummer.
- When you whisk the pudding, don't stop until it's thick. Then make sure that once you add it to your lasagna, you let it chill and set in the fridge so it doesn't get runny.
- Keep this dish in the fridge as long as possible before serving so that it doesn't get runny. I recommend pulling it out right before you serve it.
- You can make this recipe in advance, but it will get soggy if you make it too far in advance. I recommend making it same day or up to one day in advance.
- Need to make it way in advance? Make it ahead of time and freeze it. Give it a little time to thaw before serving.
- I like to add mini chocolate chips to the top of our chocolate lasagna, but if you prefer, you could add more crushed Oreos on top.
- The toughest part about making chocolate lasagna is cutting non-sloppy slices! To get neat slices, freeze your dessert lasagna for a few minutes (about 30 or so) before you plan to slice it. This will help make the layers more firm so they don't smear as you cut into the chocolate lasagna dessert.
- You can use store-bought Cool Whip (or whipped cream), or you can make two batches of homemade whipped cream (my favorite way to do it).
Dessert Lasagna Final Thoughts
I hope your family enjoys this no-bake dessert lasagna as much as mine does. It seriously doesn't last any time at all when I make it (for my family OR a gathering).
Just be ready for it to disappear fast AND have people beg you to give them the recipe!
More Easy Desserts: