Homemade vs Store Bought…
It’s a question that so many people debate every day. You know the one I’m talking about…is it worth making croutons or buying them? Should I make spaghetti sauce or buy the jars of sauce?
If you ask 10 people that question, you are likely to get multiple answers.
When you are considering making something homemade, it’s important to consider a few factors:
- Will it be more expensive to make it?
- Will it take more time to make it?
- If it will take more time, do you have the ability to dedicate more time?
- Can you make an equal product using better or fewer ingredients?
For me, I use all these factors when I debate whether to make or buy a product.
When it comes to making taco meat, I far prefer to make my own taco seasoning! It is so easy to make and uses common spice pantry staples.
Check out these similar posts:
Another great reason to make your own taco seasoning mix…no MSG! Yep, that store bought stuff is full of MSG (or Monosodium glutamate), and its safety is debated. Whether it’s safe or not, I believe that the fewer chemicals we put into our body, the better. I don’t think anyone needs MSG!
This taco seasoning recipe is great because it’s:
- easy to make and uses spices you likely already have. If you don’t have these spices – they are worth having!
- fast – takes 5 minutes or less
- made with good ingredients, so you can feel great about feeding it to your family!
- great for getting the kids involved in making dinner!
- full of flavor and tastes great!
Tell us in the comments below – what is something that you prefer to make rather than to buy? What are other spice blends you like to make?
Check out these popular posts: