Who doesn’t love an ice-cold, refreshing beverage on a hot summer day! Our Homemade Cherry Limeade is delicious, will quench thirst, and is ready in a jiffy. It’s even better than the original!
You can’t beat a sweet, deliciously cold drink on a super hot summer day!
I’m sure our family is a lot like yours and we have one place where we like to stop and get a drink after a ball game, grocery shopping, or a day at the pool. Yep, that’s right……we love limeades, any flavor – but especially cherry!
It occurred to me that we could be enjoying these delightful drinks anytime, not just after a trip to town or activity.
Our Cherry Limeade recipe is so incredibly quick and easy to whip up so there is a batch of it in the refrigerator all the time.
Your children’s friends will be hanging out at your house all summer asking for their new favorite homemade cherry limeade. 🙂
I love that I can whip up a big batch so they can refill their own drinks and I have time to enjoy the day with them instead of making individual drinks.
Whether you are grilling, hanging out by the pool, or enjoying an evening on the deck with friends, everyone will enjoy this refreshing, summer favorite.
Ingredients Needed For Cherry Limeade Recipe
- Maraschino Cherries
- Lime – sliced
- Grenadine – cherry flavor
- Key Lime Juice
- 7UP – or any lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
- Ice – crushed or cubed
How To Make A Cherry Limeade
Just follow this simple process to create your own delicious drink!
Place ice in a large glass.
Pour the grenadine and key lime juice into the glass.
Next pour in the 7-Up or lemon-lime soda. Stir well.
Top off the glass with two maraschino cherries and a slice of lime.
Cherry Limeade Recipe Notes And Tips
- Add in more lime slices if you like your drink a little more on the sour side.
- If the limeade is a little too tart, try adding in a little more soda to counteract the tartness.
- Want a cherry limeade slushy? Just toss the ingredients in the blender with some ice and blend until you reach your desired slushy consistency.
- Buy a bag or two of your favorite ice ahead of time so you have plenty on hand.
- If you choose to make this ahead of time, do not add the soda too far in advance or you will lose the fizziness of the soda.
Variations Of A Cherry Limeade To Try
Here are a few ideas to help make your summer limeades perfect every time – or change it up when you want something different! The sky’s the limit!!!
- Try using cola or diet cola in place of 7UP if the lemon-lime flavor is not your preference.
- Add some lime zest if you would like a stronger lime flavor.
- Pour in a little of the maraschino cherry juice to amp up the cherry flavor.
- Add a little minty zip by smashing up some mint leaves to put into the cherry limeade mixture.
- For a delicious tropical twist, add in a splash of coconut extract. YUMMY!
Here are some common questions I see readers ask about homemade limeade recipes…and their answers.
What is grenadine?
Grenadine is a nonalcoholic bar syrup. This sweet-tart syrup is made from pomegranates and does not actually have a cherry flavor.
What can I use if I am unable to find key lime juice?
If key lime juice is not available at your local grocery store, use a mixture of 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice.
What is the best way to keep my leftovers?
You can keep any leftover cherry limeade in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. Give it a quick stir before serving.
Can this Cherry Limeade drink be frozen?
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to double or triple and freeze so you can pull it out of the freezer, let it thaw, and enjoy!
Even better, turn this delicious cherry limeade mixture into frozen popsicles. The kids will love them on a hot summer day.
Can I use real cherries instead of maraschino cherries?
Well, you can, but it won’t be the same. Real cherries do not have enough flavor so I would stick with the maraschino cherries.
Can this Cherry Limeade be made up ahead of time?
Definitely! Go ahead and mix all the ingredients except the soda in a pitcher or container. This will keep for up to 5 days. Once you are ready to serve, simply add the soda and give it a stir.
More Delicious Beverage Recipes To Try
- Hocus Pocus Frappuccino Starbucks Copycat
- 3-Ingredient Grinch Punch Mocktail
- Simple Hot Mulled Cider
- Decadent & Smooth Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog
- Homemade Strawberry Milk
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 tbsp grenadine
- 2 tbsp key lime juice
- 7-UP (or any lemon lime soda)
- Place ice in glass. Add in grenadine and key lime juice.
- Pour in soda. Stir well.
- Top off with two cherries and a lime slice. More lime slices can also be added in the drink if you like it more sour.