Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice is the perfect treat for ALL Harry Potter Lovers! A delicious non-alcoholic beverage for all muggles and wizards. And don’t forget to celebrate Harry’s birthday on July 31 with a glass of this tasty beverage.
I started reading Harry Potter books when I was in college. A fairly avid reader by nature, I heard of these books and was instantly intrigued.
Then I read the first one and was hooked almost immediately. My love of the characters and the series only grew with each novel. By the time the last book came out, I was a brand new mom who only wanted her colicky baby to sleep so I could escape into the book.
My kids enjoy the Harry Potter stories too – I even made them their own Harry Potter wands one year! I’m hoping to get them to Universal Studios one day so we can see the Harry Potter portion.
I figured it was time to make the Harry Potter world’s famous Pumpkin Juice. Seriously, this recipe is wickedly delicious. Whether you are hosting a Halloween party, throwing a Harry Potter-themed party, or are just a devoted fan, you have to try this Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice recipe!
Serve it at class parties, Halloween get-togethers, summer pool parties, or while binge-watching one or all the Harry Potter movies.
Better yet, grab one of the books in the Harry Potter series, a big bowl of popcorn, and a refreshing glass of Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice and catch up on your reading.
Ingredients Needed For Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- Apricot Juice
- Pumpkin – canned or homemade puree
- Apple Juice – 100% or unsweetened
- Cinnamon – ground or freshly ground cinnamon
How to Make Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
Whipping up a batch of Harry’s pumpkin juice could NOT be easier. Just make sure you have enough for everyone in the house because I don’t think it will last long. 😁
Add pumpkin to a small bowl.
Add in apricot and apple juice and whisk well.
Add cinnamon and whisk.
Pour into glass and ENJOY!!!
Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe Notes And Tips
- Chill the apricot and apple juice before so it is already cold. There should be not need to add ice if you chill first. Add ice later if you want.
- This recipe can easily be tripled or more and placed in the fridge to enjoy later or serve at a party.
Variations Of Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice To Try
Make a few substitutions or additions to suit your personal taste. Any of the following will be just as delicious.
- Use apple cider in place of apple juice. It has a little stronger flavor and must be refrigerated but a great substitution.
- Try using pear or juice or peach nectar instead of apricot juice if apricot juice is not your first choice.
- If you would like to sweeten up your juice a little more, add just a little bit of brown sugar to taste.
- Add in some pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves to jazz it up a little bit.
- A drop or two of vanilla extract will give the pumpkin juice a rich caramelly taste.
How long will Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice stay fresh?
Pumpkin juice can last up to 3 – 4 weeks in the refrigerator. Personally, I would keep mine in a glass container with a lid or a plastic beverage container with a lid.
Being that none of the ingredients actually require refrigeration, your pumpkin juice will keep unrefrigerated for 3 – 5 days. I would suggest storing it in a container with a lid if you choose to leave it out of the refrigerator.
Can I drink the pumpkin juice warm or hot instead of cold?
Yes! It all depends upon your preference and taste. It also depends on what time of year you make and serve it. This is delicious served cold but also a tasty drink to enjoy warm in cold weather months.
A quick rule of thumb is that heating the juice will help to incorporate the brown sugar better.
What is the best way to heat up my pumpkin juice?
I would suggest adding the ingredients to a saucepan or large cook pot depending on how much you are making and bringing it slowly to the desired temperature.
If I choose to add brown sugar or pumpkin spices, how do I know how much to put in?
My best advice would be to start with small increments of the brown sugar or spices you want to add and then give it a taste test. You may need to do some trial and error to see what tastes best to you.
Does Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice have any health benefits?
Pumpkin on its own is extremely rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Apricot juice is high beta carotene and vitamins A, C, and E. Apple juice is rich in vitamin C and potassium.
More Fun, Kid-Friendly Recipes To Try
Check out these kid-friendly recipes the family will love to help make and eat. 🙂
- Fruity Cocomelon Rainbow Popsicles
- Rainbow Unicorn Cake
- Shark Party Food: A Shark-cuterie
- Dr. Seuss Inspired 1 Fish 2 Fish Rice Krispy Treats
- Peanut Butter, Nutella & Banana Sushi Rolls
Pin For Later!
- 1 can apricot juice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, add the pumpkin.
- Whisk in apricot and apple juice.
- Add cinnamon and whisk.
- Pour into a glass.