Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are like mini apple pies with a scrumptious cinnamon-y soft crust and a silky apple pie filling. These Apple Pie Bites are the perfect bite-sized fall treat and make a great addition to your holiday dessert lineup!
Mmmmm, cinnamon rolls and apple pie…..yes, please!
One of my favorite things EVER is a delicious slice of warm apple pie topped with a scoop of ice cream.
My mom and grandmother were the absolute BEST bakers and made their own pie crust for everything. My grandmother taught me how to make her pie crust, which I don’t do often thanks to the convenience of premade pie crusts. But I do it once in a while and will post that recipe one day! LOL
I must admit, making pies isn’t my favorite when it comes to baking (but I like eating them!).
That’s why I love that there are fabulous recipes like this one that let me take a few quick and easy shortcuts and still achieve results very close to my home-baked favorites.
This recipe only requires 2 ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. If you would prefer to skip the apple pie filling you could use my homemade applesauce for the apple topping instead!
Ingredients Needed For Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls with Icing – your favorite brand is the best choice
- Apple Pie Filling – If you’d prefer not to use something in a can, try using my homemade applesauce (which is very similar)!
- Muffin Tin
How to Make Apple Pie Bites
Making Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups is super easy! Check it out…you’ll be amazed!
Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Flatten each cinnamon roll making it form a larger circle.
Place each flattened cinnamon roll into the muffin tin.
Now spoon the apple pie filling on top of the cinnamon roll.
Bake for about 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Then remove from tin and place each cinnamon roll cup on a wire rack.
Microwave the icing from the cinnamon roll can for about 10 seconds or until pourable. Drizzle icing over each cup.
Serve warm and enjoy!!!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites Recipe Notes And Tips
- If you love baking, use your own homemade cinnamon roll dough. You can also use your own homemade pie filling as well.
- When flattening the cinnamon rolls to place into tin, make sure each one is large enough to fill the tin all the way to the top of the cavity.
- Use a non-stick muffin tin for the cinnamon roll cups. This will allow them to come out of tin easily.
- If you don’t think the icing that comes with the pre-packaged rolls is enough, just mix together a couple tablespoons of melted butter and powdered sugar together then mix with the pre-packaged icing.
- Or you can make your own icing with powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. This way you can make it the consistency you like best.
- Dice up your apples into smaller pieces if you feel they are a little too big.
Variations of Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites To Try
- Maybe apple pie is not your favorite, so change it up and try different kinds of pie filling such as peach, cherry, blackberry or blueberry.
- Sprinkle the top of the cups with a little sugar and cinnamon before baking for a little extra flavor.
- Add some finely chopped pecans or walnuts to the top of the cups prior to baking.
- Don’t forget to have your favorite ice cream on hand so you can top your cinnamon roll apple pie cup with a scoop. 😉 Vanilla ice cream would be my choice.
- Caramel sauce is another great topping option too!
If you have any questions about how to make these apple pie bites, check below to see if your question is answered below. If you don’t see it, make sure to ask it in the comment section!
Do I need to keep any leftover Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups in the refrigerator?
You can keep them on the counter in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days or you may choose to refrigerate them for up to a week.
You will want to ensure that the apple pie bites stay moist and to do this you should keep them in an airtight container. If you keep them in the pan, wrap the pan tightly to ensure they do not dry out.
Can I freeze these Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites?
You can freeze them and the best way to do that is individually wrapped in plastic wrap or foil. Then place them in a freezer bag and freeze. You can keep them frozen for up to 5 – 6 weeks.
Can I use a mini muffin pan?
I would not recommend it. There just isn’t enough room in the mini cups to get enough filling in with the thickness of the cinnamon roll dough.
What is the best way to re-heat my Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bites?
A couple of quick ways to re-heat your apple pie bites would be either the microwave or air fryer. If using the microwave, heat on high power for 20 – 30 seconds.
If you decide to use your air fryer, set the temperature at 350 for about 1 – 2 minutes.
You may have to adjust the times for both of these options depending on your appliances.
More Delicious Apple-Inspired Recipes to Try
If you love these Apple Pie Bites, don’t leave without checking out these other recipes too!
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Apple Nachos
- Apple Cranberry Coleslaw
- Homemade Chunky Applesauce
- Homemade Copycat Panera Fuji Apple Salad
- One can cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Prepare an eight space muffin tin with non-stick spray and pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press each cinnamon roll to flatten out and form a larger circle.
- Lay into muffin tin for form a cup. Be sure dough comes all the way to the top of the tin.
- Spoon in apple pie filling.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly then transfer to wire rack.
- Microwave icing for about 10 seconds until pourable. Drizzle over each cup.
- Serve warm and enjoy!