Our Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is a delicious, healthy alternative to your children’s morning breakfast. Replace that sugary bowl of cereal with this filling creamy, fruit-filled french toast delicacy.
As parents, we worry about the choices we are making for our kids especially when it comes to their nutritional needs, wouldn’t you agree?!?!
Are they eating too much sugar? How do I get them to eat more fruits and vegetables? Did they get enough balance in their diet?
A quick bowl of cereal is certainly ok on those occasional mornings when you oversleep or on a lazy weekend.
But most days, I think it’s important to make a healthy breakfast for your kids. They need fuel to get through their own busy days and be able to concentrate.
You should definitely give our Strawberry Stuffed French Toast a try!
You guys, this recipe is so easy and your whole family (not just the kids) are going to LOVE it. It’s filling, delicious, AND just sweet enough to satisfy that sweet tooth.
In fact, it’s just special enough, that I tend to make it for my kids for special occasions: first day of school, last day of school, holidays, etc.
Let your favorite peeps decide what toppings taste best to them then add a side of bacon or sausage for a complete breakfast. Yum.
A guilt-free healthy breakfast alternative that your kids will scarf down and will keep them full and satisfied for hours. Strawberry Stuffed French Toast for the win!
If you are a lover of french toast, you will want to try our Strawberry French Toast Bake or Decadent Pumpkin French Toast. You can’t go wrong with any of these recipes!
Ingredients Needed For Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
The ingredients are simple, but the final product is divine.
- Granulated Sugar
- Cinnamon – has a sweet and woody flavor which adds to the french toast flavor
- Mascarpone Cheese – similar to cream cheese but richer because it is made with whole cream instead of milk
- Bread – sandwich slices are the perfect size to roll out
- Strawberries – fresh, sliced strawberries are the best option for this recipe
- Milk – 1%, 2% or whole milk are all great options
- Vanilla – adds a distinct sweet, caramelly flavor
- Nutmeg – nutty, sweet flavor which pairs well with fruit dishes
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of this post to get the full recipe, including the amounts you need for each ingredient!
How to Make Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
French toast was always one of those things that seemed too complicated to make myself. Forget about stuffed French toast. Then I experimented with this recipe and fell. in. love.
Whisk together the batter ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Cut the crust off the bread and flatten it with a rolling pin.
Spread the mascarpone cheese thinly on the bread, layer strawberries on bread, and roll.
Pinch ends of bread together.
Dip in french toast batter.
Continue the same process with every piece of bread.
Melt butter in a hot skillet or griddle.
Cook all pieces of bread until golden brown on all sides.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast Recipe Notes And Tips
- Brioche, Challah and Texas Toast will work for this recipe. You will need to find the type of bread that rolls up well and works the best for your taste.
- If you are making a double batch or larger of the Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and use a parchment lined baking sheet to place the cooked pieces on in the oven to keep warm.
- Be sure to keep a watchful eye on the french toast as you are cooking it. Make sure you cook each side to a golden brown. It might take a couple tries to get the skillet/griddle to the perfect temperature.
Variations Of Strawberry Stuffed French Toast To Try
- Try adding Nutella in place of the mascarpone cheese for a chocolate covered strawberry flavor.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- Add a some fresh strawberries and serve with strawberry syrup.
- Add a couple dollaps of whipped topping to your finished product or let the kiddos squirt a little of the whipped topping in a can on the top of their french toast. YUM!
Is my Strawberry Stuffed French Toast going to be gooey and creamy in the center?
Yes! The mascarpone cheese mixture is going to make the center of your stuffed french toast creamy, sweet and delicious. The fresh fruit is an added bonus. 🙂
How should the outside of the french toast be cooked?
Ideally, the outside of your Strawberry Stuffed French toast should be golden brown and crispy on the outside. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes on each side before flipping. It should not be soggy or dry on the outside after cooking.
Should my griddle or skillet be pre-heated to high, medium or low?
You will want to pre-heat your skillet or griddle to medium or medium-low. This will ensure that the center will cook and the outside will be golden brown and caramelized.
Can I use olive oil instead of butter to cook my french toast?
Absolutely, but I would suggest using the regular olive oil. Regular olive oil has a neutral flavor and will not impart an olive-flavored to your french toast.
Canola oil is also a good substitution for butter as it has a neutral taste and will not interfere with the natural sweetness of the dish.
Can I freeze this french toast?
Actually, I would not recommend freezing this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. When the mascarpone cheese thaws the liquid will separate from the solid. The strawberries will have moisture in them as they that as well. This will cause the bread to become mushy and less enjoyable.
How long can I keep my Strawbery Stuffed French Toast in the refrigerator?
If you have leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will keep in the fridge for up to 1 – 2 days. After about 2 days, the bread may begin to get a little too mushy for your liking.
How do I reheat my leftovers?
EASY!!! Just place 1 – 2 pieces of french toast on a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds.
More Delicious Breakfast or Brunch Recipes To Try
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal: A Breakfast Must-Have
- Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes (Paleo Approved)
- Irresistible Almond Blueberry Granola
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich Perfect for Busy Mornings
Pin For Later!
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
A decadent and filling breakfast that makes a healthy alternative to sugary breakfast cereal. Your kids will BEG for it!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar + 2 tbsp cinnamon (mixed)
- 1 - 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 6 - 8 slices of bread
- Strawberries, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk the batter ingredients together and set aside.
- Cut the bread crust off with a knife and then flatten the bread with a rolling pin.
- In a thin layer, spread mascarpone cheese on bread.
- Layer the sliced strawberries on the bread.
- Roll the bread and pinch the ends together to close.
- . Dip rolled bread in french toast batter.
- Continue the same process with all of the rolls of bread.
- Melt butter in hot skillet or a griddle.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Leave a Reply