Red, White, and Blue Jello Jigglers are colorful, fun to make, and oodles of fun to eat! Just like little fireworks on a platter. Learn how to make these Patriotic Jello Jigglers and watch your family’s eyes light up.
When I was growing up one of the things I remember was mealtimes with jello. Jello salad with fruit, jello salad with shredded carrots, and cottage cheese jello salad. They were always the go-to recipes for my mom and grandma.
It seemed that they always found a new recipe that included jello. Looking back I believe it was because there was almost nothing you couldn’t add to jello to make it delicious….and because it is and always has been so affordable.
What are Jello Jigglers?
These Red, White and Blue Jello Jigglers are a super fun twist using 3 (or more) colors….long gone are the days of the plain, one-color jigglers I used to love as a kid. 🙂
And you’re going to LOVE how easy they are to make. Just 5 ingredients and a little patience are all you need to impress your family and friends on the Fourth of July.
Give them a try! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Check out a similar recipe for Rainbow Jello Squares for a little rainbow fun. They are beautiful and delicious too!
Ingredients Needed for Jello Jigglers
- Red Jello – cherry or strawberry jello will provide the bright red color that will work best for these patriotic jigglers
- Blue Jello – Berry Blue is a great vibrant blue, perfect for this dessert
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this is what the white layers are comprised of and helps give the jello that extra pop of color
- Boiling Water
- Unflavored Gelatin – unflavored gelatin does not contain sugar and aids in giving body and texture while stabilizing your desserts and molded shapes
How To Make Red, White & Blue Jello Jigglers
Follow these step-by-step instructions and you will be able to serve these patriotic treats in no time.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Prepare a level space in your freezer to fit your pan.
Set out 8 glass bowls ~ 5 large and 3 small
Using 4 of the large bowls, put 3 oz red jello each in two bowls and 3 oz blue jello in two bowls. In each of the 4 bowls, also place 1 package of the unflavored gelatin. Pour 1 cup boiling water into each bowl and stir until all gelatin is completely dissolved.
In the remaining large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cup boiling water and 2 packaged of the unflavored gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Then pour in the can of sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
Set out the 3 small bowls. Divide the sweetened condensed milk evenly in each of the 3 bowls and set aside.
Pour the jello from one of the large bowls into the bottom of your prepared 9 x 13 inch pan. Place in freezer on the level surface for 5 minutes.
Take one of the bowls of white gelatin mixture and pour evening over the blue layer. Place it back in freezer for 10 minutes.
Next take one of the bowls of red jello, pour evenly over the white layer. Place in freezer for another 5 minutes.
Now continue alternating the colored and white jello mixtures creating the striped pattern. Be sure to freeze the colored layer for 5 minutes and the white layer for 10 minutes before add additional layers.
Once you have poured all your layers and the 8 bowls are empty, place the pan in the refrigerator to set completely for at least 3 hours.
Before serving, cut into 24 equal squares.
Serve cold and ENJOY!
Recipe and Notes
It is important to freeze the colored layers for 5 minutes after pouring and 10 minutes after the white layers.
In order to get perfect cubes, you can trim the edges of your pan depending what type of pan you have used.
You can choose to use regular or sugar-free jello for the jello jigglers. Either will work just fine with this recipe.
Variations of Jello Jigglers to Try
Fun Shapes! These little finger food bites are perfect for parties. Instead of cutting these yummy bites into squares why not use a cookie-cutter or fun molds to make them into fun shapes such as:
- dog bones
- and more!
Colors! Look at these fun options to include colors and flavors or choose the flavor combinations that you love most!
- St. Patrick’s Day – alternate lime (green) and white layers
- Halloween – alternate layers of orange jello with grape or black cherry jello mixed with black food coloring.
- Christmas – alternate layers of lime jello with cherry, raspberry, or strawberry jello, or even a layer of pink watermelon jello.
How should I store my jello jigglers?
They should be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. You can also put a piece of plastic wrap or cling wrap over the top of them to keep the air and moisture out.
How long will the jello jigglers last in the refrigerator?
Jello jigglers will keep in the refrigerator for 7 – 10 days. As mentioned, you will need to keep them in an air-tight container to achieve these results.
Can I use silicone molds instead of a pan?
Absolutely! The only trick to using silicone molds is that you need to spray them with cooking spray before you pour in the jello. This will allow the jigglers to come out of the mold in one piece and not stick to the mold.
More Yummy Kid-Friendly Desserts
- Cheesecake Strawberry Poke Cake
- Easy DIY Nutella Edible Playdough
- Rainbow Unicorn Cupcakes
- Lip-Smacking 3-Ingredient Homemade Blueberry Popsicles
Pin For Later!
- 1 - 6 oz or 2 - 3 oz boxes of Red Jello
- 1 - 6 oz or 2 - 3 oz boxes of Blue Jello
- 1 - 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 1/4 cups boiling water
- 6 pkgs unflavored gelatin
NOTE: Before beginning, prepare a level space in your freezer large enough to set the 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set out 8 bowls ~ 5 large and 3 small
- In 2 separate large bowls, put 3 oz red jello and 1 package of unflavored gelatin. In the other two large bowls, put 3 oz blue jello and 1 package of unflavored gelatin. Pour 1 cup boiling water into each of the 4 bowls and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Put the remaining 1 1/4 cup boiling water and 2 packages of unflavored gelatin in last large bowl and stir until completely dissolved. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Set out the 3 small bowls. Divide the sweetened condensed mixture evenly in the small bowls. Set aside.
- . In the 9 x 13 prepared pan, pour in one of the bowls of blue jello and place on level surface in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from freezer. Pour one of the bowls with the white gelatin mixture over the blue jello. Place back in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pour red jello on top of white jello. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- After all the layers have been poured, place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set completely.
- When ready to serve, cut into 24 equal cubes.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate. Serve cold.
Freeze for 5 minutes after adding the colored layer and 10 minutes after the white layers.