Summer is when everyone wants to enjoy delicious treats without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. These Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites are ready in minutes and only use two simple ingredients!
In our house, we love to make these homemade yogurt bites during the summer months! They are extremely quick and easy to make not to mention healthy. The kids love them, and so do I! Probably for very different reasons. 😉
I started making these when my kids were babies because it helped while they were teething and kept them busy! And our
My kids ask for snacks all day long, all summer long. I’m pretty sure it is because they are bored, but they won’t admit it. LOL
Generally, I suggest to them that they can snack on some fruit or veggies, but I really don’t mind them having a couple of these delightful little bites to hold them over until our next meal.
These yogurt bites are also perfect for summer when the kids need something to cool them off after they have been outside all day. They are mini bite-sized popsicles. YUM!
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bites are so easy to make and the perfect healthy treat for toddlers and kids of all ages.
They love this cool treat idea so much that I decided they didn’t just have to be frozen summer treats, so we have a batch or two in the freezer all year long.
They love them so much that I decided they didn’t just have to be frozen summer treats, so we have a batch or two in the freezer all year long.
If you want more healthy popsicle recipes, try my Easy Mango Popsicles, The BEST Fruity Cocomelon Rainbow Popsicles, or Lip-Smacking 3-Ingredient Homemade Blueberry Popsicles.
Toddler Snack Option
This easy recipe produces a larger treat that’s more appropriate for toddlers 12 months of age or older than babies.
TIP: I put these yogurt bites out at room temperature for 3-5 minutes before serving to make sure they aren’t too hard for small children to chew.
Ingredients Needed For Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Bites Recipe
This super easy snack is so simple and only requires 2 ingredients: creamy Greek yogurt and fresh strawberries!
- Fresh strawberries
- Vanilla Greek yogurt – both full-fat Greek yogurt and fat-free taste yummy
NOTE: Please check the handy printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the detailed recipe.
How To Make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites
The flavor combinations you can create are endless. They make the perfect summer snack or a healthy treat when you are craving something sweet.
Thoroughly blend the strawberries and Greek yogurt until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour the yogurt mixture into a mold or ice cube tray. Place in the freezer and allow the mixture to set up for a minimum of 4 – 6 hours.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites Recipe Notes And Tips
- Replace the Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Plain Greek Yogurt,
- Use strawberry yogurt in place of vanilla yogurt for an extra burst of strawberry flavor.
- You get to decide how big or small the molds are. I chose to keep them on the smaller side so they were bite-size, quick, and easy to eat.
- I would recommend Greek yogurt versus regular yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt, and once you freeze your yogurt bites they will keep their shape and not be watery.
- If you are using blackberries or raspberries instead of strawberries, I would definitely strain the seeds. I love blackberries and raspberries but the seeds not so much.
Variations of Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites To Try
- Use some fun mold shapes, such as flowers, stars, or hearts!
- Experiment with different flavors using your favorite fruits such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, mango, or peaches.
- Or try using other yogurt flavors and fruit combinations (ex: peach yogurt with fresh or frozen peaches).
- Sprinkle a little coconut or granola on the top of the bites just prior to freezing.
- Create your own mini bite-size yogurt parfaits by adding a thin layer of crunchy granola in the middle!
- Use any flavor of yogurt that you love, plain and vanilla are favorites in our household but use whatever flavor you wish.
- Sprinkle in a few mini chocolate chips before placing the mixture in molds to add a little extra sweetness to your yogurt bite.
- Make several batches of all of your favorite flavors, so everyone has their favorite flavors in a tasty little frozen bite.
Here are a few of the more frequently asked questions you may have before making these Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bites. If you have any additional questions, please leave us a comment below!
They can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Remove only the amount you wish to serve when ready as they will melt once removed from the freezer.
Yes, in the freezer. I usually just pop them out of the mold once they are completely frozen and into a freezer bag or a freezer-safe airtight container and put them back in the freezer.
Certainly! It is a great option if you don’t have fresh fruit on hand. Make sure the frozen fruit is completely thawed before using it to make the yogurt bites.
No. As is, they are too large to be safe for babies to eat.
If you want to make something closer to those baby yogurt melts you can buy in stores, mix up the recipe, put it in a piping bag (or use a small spoon and make small dollops) and pipe small bite-size mounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
More Scrumptious Frozen Goodies To Try
- Frozen Key Lime Icebox Pie (No Bake Recipe)
- Homemade Root Beer Float Popsicle
- 3-Ingredient Frozen Banana Ice Cream With Nutella
- Pina Colada Popsicles: Only 3-Ingredients
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream (Easy No-Churn Recipe)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Use a blender or food processor to combine strawberries and yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into an ice tray or molds and freeze at least 4-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!