Try this super easy sugar cookie Flag Fruit Pizza for a fun and delicious red, white, and blue dessert that is full of fresh berry flavor! Make an American flag fruit pizza with berries that’s perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, or any day.
Sugar cookies are incredibly versatile. Not only do they taste amazing as individual sweet bites, but the dough can double as a dessert pizza crust! Yum!
This Flag Fruit Cookie Pizza has a sugar cookie crust, sweet creamy topping, and loads of blueberries and strawberries to create the perfect holiday dessert recipe!
I’m always game for making recipes that look far more complicated than they actually are, and this flag fruit pizza fits the bill!
If you love red, white, and blue food, check out my:
- Creamy Instant Pot Fresh Berry Cheesecake
- Berrylicious Red, White, and Blue Trifle
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Parfait
How To Make American Flag Fruit Pizza
This recipe uses store-bought sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, and just a handful of simple ingredients. How easy is that?
Flag Fruit Cookie Pizza Ingredients
- Sugar cookie dough
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
American Flag Fruit Pizza Instructions
The process is simple – just follow these steps!
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll cookie dough out in a rectangle shape.
Bake cookie for 15-20 minutes until done.
In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Wash the fruit and slice the strawberries.
Let cookie cool completely. Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie.
Now decorate the cookie as an American flag with fruit.
Whip up a batch of homemade whipped cream.
Use a pastry bag with a star tip to pipe whipping cream in between fruit. Your flag fruit pizza is ready!
What’s Special About This Flag Fruit Pizza Recipe
- This recipe comes together extremely quickly if you use store-bought sugar cookie dough.
- Want it ready even faster? Use store-bought cream cheese frosting instead of making the filling.
- There’s no frosting, sprinkles, or other decorations – the fruit does all the decorating work for you!
- The recipe is fully customizable for any occasion.
Variations To Try
- Swap out the strawberries for raspberries!
- Swap out the whipped cream for banana slices!
- Make a giant circle flag instead of a rectangle!
- Replace the whipped cream piped in between the fruit with buttercream.
- Personalize the shape and fruit to fit any day or occasion.
- If you want to add a touch of chocolate, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top (it won’t look as patriotic, but it’ll taste AMAZING!).
You can store this fruit pizza recipe in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
After a day or two, you’ll likely notice the crust get softer and the berries may stain the frosting. This is all completely normal.
Yes! I love using sugar cookie dough because it keeps the recipe simpler. But I love the flavor that chocolate chips add to this dessert pizza!
Dessert pizza tastes best when it’s served immediately. Make sure to refrigerate your flag fruit pizza until you’re ready to serve.
More Red, White, and Blue Inspiration
- Patriotic Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes
- Jello Jigglers: Patriotic Red, White, and Blue
- Festive Red, White, And Blue Cake Balls
- Festive Patriotic Red, White & Blue Vanilla Fudge Recipe
- 1 package of sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-pint strawberries
- 1-pint blueberries
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll cookie dough out in a rectangle shape.
- Bake cookie for 15-20 minutes until done.
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Wash the fruit and slice the strawberries.
- Let cookie cool completely. Then spread the cream cheese
mixture over the cookie.
- Then decorate the cookie as shown in the picture with fruit.
- Whip up a batch of homemade whipped cream. Then with a pastry bag with a star tip pipe whipping cream in between fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.