Our Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops are an adorable and delicious twist on the traditional caramel apple. They are incredibly easy to make and much easier to eat than full-size caramel apples. 😁
Caramel apples are a super fun tradition to make every fall, but if I’m being honest, I get annoyed with them. They taste amazing but are SO big.
Plus, my kids and I tend to have a hard time eating them without getting caramel EVERYWHERE.
So I’ve adapted this tradition to make the apples smaller, more manageable, and even more fun!
Caramel Apple Pops are basically like Caramel Apple Lollipops – similar shape, tons of fun color, and super easy to bite into!
Ingredients Needed For Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Caramel Apple Lollipops.
- Large Apple – your favorite kind of apple is a great choice. 🙂
- Milk Chocolate Chips – sweet or semi-sweet
- Orange Candy Melts – or any color you choose
- White Candy Melts – or the color of your choice
- Caramel Bits
- Sprinkles – any color you desire
Supplies Needed For Caramel Apple Pops Recipe
Here are the tools you’ll need to make Caramel Apple Lollipops.
- Small Popsicle Sticks – make sure they are food grade and not craft sticks
- Sharp Knife
- Paper Towels
- Spoon or Silicone Spatula – chocolate and caramel will not stick to the silicone
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet – a large baking sheet
- Sandwich Size Baggies – these will be used like a pastry bag
How To Make Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops
Here’s the process for making Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops! It’s super easy, and you’ll be SO glad you did.
Slice the apple vertically making 5 to 6 1/4″ slices. Avoid the core of the apple. Once you have the slices, pat dry between two paper towels.
On the bottom of each apple slice, make a slit so that you can insert a small popsicle stick about 1/2″ into the slice.
Melt the chocolate chips.
Spoon the chocolate over the apple slices covering all edges with a spoon or spatula.
Place the apple pops on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the pops from the refrigerator and melt the candy melts and caramel bits.
Using a sandwich baggie, fill the bag with melted orange and white candy melts.
Cut off the tip of the baggie and pipe different designs with the melts over the chocolate-covered apple pops.
Next, drizzle melted caramel over each pop and add sprinkles immediately.
Allow them to sit for a few minutes so that the caramel can harden a bit and then you can enjoy!
Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops Recipe Notes And Tips
- Let the pops reach room temperature before eating if having just removed from refrigerator. Otherwise, the chocolate will flake off very easily.
- While drizzling the melted caramel on each pop, I found it easiest to add the sprinkles to the caramel as the orange and white candy melts harden too quickly and it is hard to get the sprinkles to stick to them.
- Let the pops reach room temperature before eating if they have been stored in the refrigerator or the chocolate will flake off very easily.
- Chocolate chips can be melted in the microwave or on the stove top, whichever is your preference.
Variations Of Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops To Try
- Substitute dark chocolate, white chocolate or mix the milk chocolate and dark chocolate together.
- Use any color candy melts you choose. Change up the colors for the different seasons or occasions. For example, orange and white for Halloween, red and green for Christmas or pink and blue for a gender reveal or baby shower.
- Add your favorite toppings or extra toppings such as chopped nuts, crushed cookies, mini M&M’s, chopped Andes Mints or mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle the chocolate in fun shapes or designs or let the kids design their own apple pop.
Here’s are a few common questions I see from readers about making Caramel Apple Lollipops. If you don’t see your question down below, please leave it in the comments so I can answer it!
What kind of apples should I use for the Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops?
I used Granny Smith, but you can use any variety you prefer. Granny Smith apples are a little more on the tart side so adding the sweetness from the chocolate and caramel gives it a nice sweet and tangy bite.
How long will my Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops last?
If you are fortunate to have any leftovers, they will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag.
Can I freeze the Chocolate Caramel Apple Pops leftovers?
I would be very surprised if you had any of these tasty pops left, but if you do I would definitely NOT recommend freezing them. Freezing will change the texture of the chocolates and apples.
More Easy, Yummy Chocolatey Treats To Try
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Chocolate Chip Cake
- Large apple
- 1 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup orange candy melts
- 1/4 cup white candy melts
- 1/3 cup caramel bits
- sprinkles, in various color and shapes
- small popsicle sticks
- sharp knife
- paper towels
- spoon or silicone spatula
- 2 sandwich size baggies
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Begin by slicing the apple vertically to make 5-6 ¼” slices, avoiding the core of the apple. Pat dry between two paper towels.
- Make a small slit in the bottom of each apple slice, and insert a small popsicle stick about ½” into the apple slice.
- Melt the chocolate chips per directions on the package. (I melted them in the microwave, but you could also melt them on the stove top)
- Using a spoon or silicone spatula, spoon the chocolate over the apple slices, covering all sides and the edges.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and put in the refrigerator to harden for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once hardened, remove from the refrigerator. Melt the orange and white candy melts, and caramel bits according to the package instructions.
- Open a sandwich baggie, and drape over your hand. Fill each bag with the melted orange and white candy melts. Cut the tip of the baggie with some kitchen shears.
- Pipe different designs of the orange and white candy melts onto the chocolate covered apple pops.
- Next, drizzle the melted caramel on each pop, and then immediately add sprinkles.
- Let sit for a few minutes to allow the caramel to harden a bit, and then they are ready to enjoy!