Like the hit movie, Encanto, these cupcakes are eye-catching, addictive, and just plain fun! When you want movie-themed cupcakes, you can’t go wrong with these since they’re SO easy to make! Make Encanto cupcakes for a movie night at home, a birthday party, or a special treat!
If you are looking for a wholesome, inspirational family movie then Encanto on Disney+ is an absolute MUST-see.
Encanto is the story about the wonderous and inspirational Madrigal family and about the magic that lives inside each and every one of us. Even my older kids LOVED it….and the adults did too. 😉
It talked about family dynamics that adults can especially relate to.
And if you have already seen Encanto, you have probably found the song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” stuck in your head for days upon end. 😂
I think we have all felt like Bruno at least one time in our life, right? We love our family so much, but we don’t always feel like we fit in.
Inspiration For Encanto Cupcakes
In the movie, each member of the Madrigal family has been given a special gift. There is an uncle who can see visions of the future, a sister who has the ability to make flowers bloom, and another sister who has superhuman strength.
There is also a cousin with highly evolved hearing, another who has the ability to talk to animals, and one that can shapeshift (so cool!).
I could definitely go on and on because it is such a GREAT movie but don’t want to ruin it for you!
The spell-binding imagery, the beauty of the butterflies and flowers, and the symbolism of the broken glass…..there is so much to appreciate and think about while enjoying a movie that will most definitely become a Disney Classic.
These Encanto Cupcakes are perfect to make and enjoy while watching this inspiring movie, whether it’s the first time you’ve seen it or have watched it a hundred times at this point!
Ingredients Needed For Encanto Cupcakes Recipe
- Cake Mix – any flavor or your own recipe
- Green Frosting – in piping bag with cut tip
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers – crushed to be used for broken glass
- Mini M&M’s – for flowers
How To Make Encanto Cupcakes
The process for making these movie-themed cupcakes is super simple! In fact, it goes so quickly, you can make an entire batch in no time.
Prepare and bake cupcakes according to the recipe or instructions on the cake mix box. Allow them to cool completely.
With the green frosting in the piping bag, pipe on the icing, creating a mound on one side of the cupcake.
Crush the Apple Jolly Ranchers and use them to cover the mound on the cupcakes.
Using the mini M&M’s, create a flower on the slanted part of the icing mound.
Enjoy your Encanto Cupcakes!
Encanto Cupcakes Recipe Notes And Tips
- Wait until you are close to serving the cupcakes to add the crushed candy to the icing. If you leave it there too long it could get moist and gummy which will effect the texture of the candy.
- If you are using store bought frosting, it will likely be too thin to pipe on the cupcakes and hold up. In order to make it thicker, simply add a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time and combine until you reach the desired consistency.
Variations Of Encanto Cupcakes To Try
- Add food coloring to the cupcake batter to match the green frosting of you wish.
- Make chocolate cupcakes for the chocolate-lovers!
- Use a beautiful butterfly cupcake topper or flower topper instead of the candy flowers.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar around the crushed Jolly Ranchers to make it look like sand.
- For a different twist on the glass, make candy glass and break it up so you have larger pieces of glass!
Sugar Glass Video Tutorial
Want to see how to make sugar glass yourself to add to your Encanto cupcakes? Here’s a great tutorial that shows the entire process. Just color your glass a different color to match the movie!
Encanto Cupcakes FAQs
If you have any questions about this fun recipe, please check to see if I’ve answered them below. If I haven’t, be sure to leave them in the comments so I can!
What is the best way to crush the Jolly Ranchers?
Put the unwrapped candies in a plastic food storage bag. Make sure the bag is sealed making sure the majority of air is squeezed out. Then lay the bag on a cutting board.
Using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin strike the bag until the candy is crushed to your liking. A light strike is usually all that is required.
How long will these Encanto Cupcakes stay fresh?
They will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 2 – 3 days if kept in an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag.
If kept in the refrigerator, they will keep for 3 – 5 days in an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag.
Can I freeze the Encanto Cupcakes?
These cupcakes will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months if kept in a freezer-safe container or bag.
If at all possible, I would freeze them before adding the crushed Jolly Ranchers on top of the icing.
More Delicious, Themed Desserts To Try
- The BEST Mardi Gras King Cake
- Graveyard Oreo Halloween Dirt Cups
- The BEST Fruity Cocomelon Rainbow Popsicles
- Jello Jigglers: Patriotic Red, White and Blue
- Very Best Fresh Berry Chantilly Cake
- Any flavor cupcakes - box mix or your favorite recipe
- Green frosting, in piping bag with cut tip
- Green apple Jolly Ranchers, crushed - for broken glass
- Mini M&M’s - for flowers
- Bake cupcakes and cool completely.
- Pipe on the frosting, creating a mound higher on one side.
- Cover the mound with the crushed jolly ranchers.
- Create a flower with the mini M&M’s.