These Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries are SO cute! The blend of fruit, chocolate, and whipped cream delivers a perfectly festive combination of red, green, and white in these adorable (and delicious) hat-shaped Grinch Strawberries!
If you’re new to Made In A Pinch, you may not realize how much I love strawberries. But, if you’ve been around a while, I’m sure it’ll come as no surprise that I’m pretty much constantly trying new strawberry recipes.
They’re my favorite – and pretty much the perfect shape for, well, everything! Aren’t these adorable Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Turkeys the perfect example?
Now I’m bringing the strawberry fun to Christmas because I don’t want it to feel left out! 😉
Today, we’re making Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries – they’re unbelievably fun AND delicious! But the BEST part is that they only take 15 minutes – woohoo!
They’d be a hit to serve along with some Holiday Gingerbread Whoopie Pies and a cup of my delicious Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog!
Or maybe just a nice tall glass of our 3-Ingredient Grinch Punch Mocktail! 😂☕️
Ingredients Needed To Make Candy-Dipped Grinch Strawberries
Here’s everything you’ll need to make these Christmas strawberries. The list isn’t long!
- 8 large strawberries
- Cake pop/lollipop stick
- ¾ c green candy melts
- ½-¾ c green sugar sprinkles
- Store bought cake frosting
- Frosting piping bag
- Size #18 open star tip decorating tip
- Red heart shaped sprinkles
How To Make Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries For Christmas
The process is straight-forward. Just follow these directions, and you’ll have adorable Grinch hat strawberries in just minutes!
Remove the hull from each strawberry. Pat dry on a paper towel, so that the candy melts will adhere better to the strawberries.
Melt the green candy melts per the package instructions in a glass bowl.
Insert a cake pop/lollipop stick into the pointy end of each strawberry, and then dip the flat end of the strawberry into the melted green candy. Only dip about ⅓ of the strawberry into the melted candy, then immediately dip into the green sugar sprinkles.
Remove the cake pop/lollipop stick, and place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to set for approximately 2-3 minutes.
While the strawberries are setting, place a #18 open star decorating tip into a frosting piping bag, and cut the tip with kitchen shears. Fill the bag with white frosting of your choice.
Pipe small stars all the way around the border where the green candy/sprinkles meets the strawberries. Pipe one small star on the tip of the strawberries.
Dip a toothpick into the frosting bag, and dot a small amount on the back of a red heart-shaped sprinkle. Attach it to the green sprinkles on each of the strawberries.
Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Recipe Tips
- If you don’t have a piping bag or #18 open star tip, you can substitute a quart size ziplock baggie. Just cut the tip with kitchen shears to create small dots instead of stars.
- I found it easier to work with strawberries that were room temperature, as cold strawberries released more liquid and made it harder to get the melted candy to adhere.
- If you prefer whipped cream over frosting, feel free to use that. Just keep in mind, that the strawberries will need to be eaten quickly and you won’t be able to keep them because the whipped cream will melt.
You can make a similar version for other holidays…like the 4th of July! Just replace the green items with blue and (maybe) eliminate the frosting on top so it doesn’t look like a hat.
Grinch Strawberries FAQs
If you find yourself sitting with questions, check below to see if I’ve already answered them. If you don’t see yours, leave it in the comments below so I answer it!
How Long Will These Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Last?
IF they don’t all get devoured immediately (that NEVER happens in our house!), these Grinch Strawberries can be kept for up to two days in the refrigerator.
Can I Make Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Ahead Of Time?
Yes…with a condition. If possible, I would make them the same day, but they could easily sit out (or in the fridge) for a few hours.
I hope you LOVE these Grinch Christmas Strawberries as much as we do!
More Irresistible Christmas Fun
If you love these Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, you’ll love these other ideas too!
- Elf On The Shelf Arrival Letter: Free Printable
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
- DIY Christmas Tree Craft: Paper Straw Ornament
- Holiday DIY Soap Bar: Sparkling Snowflake Soap Gift Idea
- Easy 3-Ingredient Peppermint Bark Recipe
Grinch Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Make these adorable Grinch strawberries for your next holiday celebration! They come together quickly and taste heavenly!
- Remove the hull from each strawberry and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Melt the green candy melts per the package instructions in a glass bowl. Insert a cake pop/lollipop stick into the pointy end of each strawberry.
- Dip the flat end of the strawberry into the melted green candy. Immediately dip into the green sugar sprinkles.
- Remove the cake pop/lollipop stick, and place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to set for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare your piping bag and piping tip.
- Pipe small stars all the way around the border where the green candy/sprinkles meet the strawberries. Pipe one small star on the tip of the strawberries.
- Dip a toothpick into the frosting bag, and dot a small amount on the back of a red heart-shaped sprinkle. Attach it to the green sprinkles on each of the strawberries.
- Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Leave a Reply