This free printable back-to-school bingo game will get everyone excited for the new school year. Play this first day of school bingo at school or at home with the whole family.
The start of the school year is always a time of many feelings, ranging from nervousness to excitement.
And it takes a little bit of time for students to feel comfortable with a new grade, a new teacher, and a new class of students.
One of the best ways to help kids feel comfortable more quickly during that first week is to play special interactive school games.
And when it comes to playing games with groups of kids, BINGO is at the top of my list. It’s a great way to introduce low-pressure school activities that allow kids to naturally get to know each other in groups while their attention is focused on FUN!
Plus, who doesn’t love playing BINGO games?
Celebrate the start of the new school year with this super fun Back-To-School BINGO free printable game.
Back To School Bingo To Ease Those First Day Nerves
I’ve created 10 different bingo free printable cards so that there are enough cards for half or a third of the class to play this fun game at once. Or just print out as many different bingo boards as you need, if you’re playing at home with the family.
Whether you’re a parent of a student in a traditional school, a homeschool parent, or a teacher, this back-to-school BINGO game is just the perfect activity.
This bingo, along with some back-to-school coloring pages are just what the whole family needs to get excited for a new school year.
Who is this Bingo game for?
I designed these different cards specifically with young elementary school students in mind. However, this free printable bingo game would work well for preschool students through 5th or 6th grade.
How To Make Back To School Bingo Cards
These free sets have 8 unique cards and include calling cards, and you can grab this fun bingo game as a free instant digital download!
It’s super cute with all the school-related images on the boards
What You’ll Need
- Free Back To School free printable bingo cards (see tips below for preparing the cards)
- Candy corn, candy pumpkins, or other bingo markers
- Lamination machine and plastic pouches
- a hat, bowl, or pouch to use to pull out calling card images
- Prizes (see note below)
How To Prepare Your Free Printable Back To School Bingo Cards
Because I know from experience just how crazy this time of year can be, I’ve designed this activity to be super easy (and NOT time-consuming) for you!
All files are in PDF format and designed so that they’re easy to print.
- Print out your Back To School Bingo game printable cards
- Take 10 minutes to laminate the cards (trust me!)
- Cut out the images from the first day of school bingo calling card and add them to a bowl, pouch, or hat so you can pull images out randomly
- Gather the items you want to use as bingo markers (see note below)
- Gather your prizes
- Start playing! See how below.
*PLEASE NOTE: this school bingo pack is for personal use (at home or in the classroom) only. It is a copyright violation to sell this printable school activity.
First Day Of School Bingo Printable Tips
If you plan to cut up the calling card, you don’t need to laminate it before cutting. But I DO recommend laminating the individual images after you’ve cut them out!
DO laminate all the playing cards if you can. It makes the cards MUCH more durable, so you can use them over and over again for years (it’s a great time saver!)
How To Play Back To School Bingo
Pro Tip: If you’re playing with a classroom full of kids, I recommend playing this game in small groups. That way, the 8 cards will work for everyone.
Time needed to play: 20 minutes.
The game boards feature images of various school supplies, so it makes a great first day of school game.
Here’s how to play the first day of school Bingo game:
- Give each child a Back To School Bingo card
- Call out one picture at a time
- When a child has the called-out image on their card, they put a marker on top of it
- Whoever has 5 in a row (AND calls out BINGO) first wins that round!
- Give the winner a prize 😁
What can you use as bingo markers?
Oh gosh, there are SO many possibilities! Here are a few ideas to use when playing this Back To School Bingo set.
- Plastic mini pumpkins and acorns
- Bingo chips
- Little toys
- Jelly beans, Skittles, or other hard candy
- Dry, short pasta noodles
- Bingo dobbers (if you don’t want to reuse your cards) – also called dot markers
- Dry erase markers (if your cards are laminated, you CAN reuse them)
I hope you have so much fun with this back to school BINGO game! I recommend sitting down to play it together and enjoy the last few days of summer with some family time.
You’ll find me playing this with my family this new school season – because…BINGO!
If you want another free download that’s ideal for the first days of school, grab my free Back to School Classroom Scavenger Hunt!
Don’t forget to grab your free printable Back To School Bingo cards! 👇👇
More Back To School Printables And Fun
Whether you need help keeping kids on track with their education or just inspiration for all other aspects of school, we have you covered with more free printables and other resources!