This Grinch Fudge is a festive, no-bake Christmas fudge recipe that makes the perfect fun, sweet treat to spread holiday cheer. This one-of-a-kind grinch-themed fudge will make everyone smile and help your heart grow three sizes bigger.
Only four ingredients and minutes to make, this Grinch fudge is playful and festive in all the right ways!
We have been working to get ready for the holidays around here! And, for us, part of that process involves watching holiday movies and making holiday treats.
Every year we watch this classic Dr. Seuss Christmas story, How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Our family prefers the Jim Carrey version over other versions.
And just like we always make hot chocolate when we watch the Polar Express, we make a Grinch-themed treat when we watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
Some of the Grinch-themed treats we’ve made in the past are:
- 3-Ingredient Grinch Punch Mocktail Recipe
- Grinch Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Grinch Cookies
- Easy Grinch Popcorn
- Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
Grinch Fudge For Christmas
One quick look at this vibrant green fudge, with its stand-out red heart, immediately transports everyone to their favorite family Christmas classic.
Since this is such a busy time of year, Grinch fudge is an ideal quick and easy (and budget-friendly) recipe to make. It only takes minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to make a batch. That’s perfect for adding to cookie plates or tins!
What’s To Love About This Recipe
- Kids love them – Kids delight in themed food, and Grinch-inspired holiday desserts are truly special and recognizable.
- Super simple fudge recipe – Since this recipe only uses a few simple ingredients and doesn’t require boiling or baking, this is a great treat option when life is busy.
- Perfect for parties – Add Grinch fudge to holiday cookie trays or dessert platters for instant festive decor without the work!
- DIY gifts – Wrap pieces of Grinch fudge in cellophane bags and wrap it up with Christmas ribbon to give as gifts to neighbors, friends, family, teachers, the mailman, etc.
How To Make Grinch Fudge
You’re going to love how easy this recipe is to make! Here’s everything you need to know.
- White chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Sea salt flakes
- Green food color
- Green sprinkles
- Heart sprinkles
NOTE: Please check out the handy printable recipe card down below to get more recipe details!
Grinch Fudge Instructions
Forget the oven and the candy thermometer! Here’s how to make this easy Christmas fudge.
Line an 8×8 square dish with parchment paper.
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth.
Add in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
Stir in the green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
Evenly spread the mixture into the lined pan.
Add green sprinkles on top and place in refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours.
Lift from the pan and pull the parchment paper down from the sides.
Cut into squares and add one heart sprinkle to each piece.
Serve, share, and enjoy your Grinch fudge!
How To Melt Chocolate For This Recipe
Take a microwave-safe bowl and add chocolate to it. Heat it in the microwave on medium in 30-second intervals.
Stir thoroughly after each heating interval until smooth. Don’t rush this step! Melting it slowly is MUCH more effective than trying to melt it quickly because you’ll prevent scorching the chocolate.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
I recommend using parchment paper instead of foil when you line the pan. Parchment paper will stand up better to cutting the fudge.
Feel free to spray the paper with some cooking spray to ensure that it’s easy to remove from the pan.
Dip a clean, sharp knife into warm water, then dry it off with a clean kitchen towel before cutting to get really clean edges.
Grinch Fudge Ideas And Variations
Here are some ideas for changing up this recipe when you want a little something different:
- Chocolate chips – I used white chocolate chips because it takes the green coloring and makes it pop. But you could make a version with chocolate chips and forgo the green coloring.
- Flavors – As written, there’s no flavor added. If you want to add some additional flavor, I recommend adding a little bit of peppermint extract, almond extract, maple extract, or rum extract for a fun option.
- Texture – Add some finely chopped pecans or walnuts to introduce a little crunchy texture. Other options could be adding Rice Krispie cereal or chopped pretzel pieces.
- Change the look – Change out the bright green sprinkles for edible glitter or different sprinkles.
- Dairy-free option – if you want to make this recipe dairy-free, swap out the sweetened condensed milk for this sweetened condensed coconut milk.
Here are some questions that I see readers ask. If you have a question but don’t see it answered below, please leave it in the comments!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Yes! Making this fudge way in advance and freezing it is a great way to get ahead on all your holiday treat-making. It will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Here’s how to do it:
Make your Grinch fudge and let it cool fully.
Cut your fudge into pieces.
Wrap each piece in wax paper, then wrap it in plastic wrap.
Add the wrapped pieces to a freezer bag or an airtight freezer-safe container.
How To Thaw: Remove the wrapped Grinch fudge from the freezer and place it on the counter at room temperature until it’s thawed.
Pro Tip: I highly recommend not adding the heart sprinkles until after the fudge comes out of the freezer and is fully thawed. Adding a dab of light corn syrup (or melted chocolate) to the back of the heart will help with attaching it.
Yes! Actually, white chocolate melts best when you melt it in a double boiler so that it heats slowly and gently.
I hope you and your family love this Grinch fudge recipe as much as we did!
More Christmas Recipes
- Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
- Bite-Size Christmas Tree Brownies
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Christmas Trees
- Homemade Candy Christmas Tree Pretzels
Grinch Fudge (No-Bake Recipe)
- 2 ⅔ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Green food color
- Green sprinkles
- Heart sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 square dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Stir in the green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the lined pan.
- Add green sprinkles on top and place in refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours.
- Lift from the pan and pull the parchment paper down from the sides.
- Cut into squares and add one heart sprinkle to each piece.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply