You may not find anything easier and delicious than these Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits (aka Breakfast Bombs). It’s basically the breakfast burrito for biscuit lovers!
I’d love to highlight how this is a terrific grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings. Make it for days when you’re heading out to school or work, hitting the trails, or hitting the road.
I want my kids to start the day with a nutritious breakfast, are you with me? Unfortunately, there are too many mornings where there just doesn’t seem to be enough time.
And sometimes the kids are a little….OK, a LOT more slow-moving in the mornings and just barely make it out of the door on time. 😉
WELL, GOOD NEWS!!! You have just discovered the perfect, nutritious grab-and-go breakfast. Make these babies ahead of time and just one heat up in the microwave before you hand one to each of your family members as they head out the door.
These biscuits are perfect for weekdays, weekends, road trips, holidays, or any day! And an ideal anytime snack or breakfast for dinner too.
Ingredients Needed For Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
You only need 4 ingredients for this hearty, delicious recipe:
- Ground Breakfast Sausage – mild or hot depending on your taste
- Eggs – medium or large eggs
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – mild or sharp, American or Mexi-cheese are all great choices.
- Canned Biscuits – Original or Buttermilk will work well
How to Make Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
Making breakfast bombs may look challenging, but it really couldn’t be easier! And the final result is the breakfast of champions!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown the sausage in a large skillet and drain. Leave a little bit of grease in the pan after draining.
Crack eggs directly into the skillet and stir until cooked. Remove pan from heat, set aside, and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
Remove biscuits from can and split each one in half. With each half, gently press down and out to form large, thin circles.
Place one biscuit half on the baking sheet and place a generous amount of egg and sausage mixture in the center of the biscuit. Top with cheese.
Place 2nd half of biscuit on top of the mixture. Use the tines of a fork to press and seal the edges together.
Bake until biscuits are golden brown.
Serve your breakfast bombs immediately!
Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits Recipe Notes And Tips
- Add about a 1/2 cup milk to the cracked eggs and whip before cooking. This will add additional fluffiness to the eggs. It will also make a little bigger batch if you like more eggs in your breakfast bomb.
- Savory dishes always need a pinch or two of salt, so the best way to incorporate salt in this recipe is by adding salt and pepper to the scrambled mixture while cooking.
- Don’t forget to lightly spray the pan you are baking the biscuits on. Even if you use a non-stick pan, you may find that the biscuits will stick. Also if you don’t get the edges crimped shut tightly, some of the ingredients may leak out leaving it hard to get off pan unless you have sprayed it.
- Instead of using a baking sheet, try using a muffin tin. You will still need to pinch the edges and definitely spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray. This will give you biscuits more of muffin look but will be just as delicious.
Variations Of The Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits To Try
- Use maple flavored breakfast sausage for a delicious, sweet and savory stuffed breakfast sandwich.
- Substitute the sausage for bacon or turkey bacon.
- Add chopped green peppers, onions and/or mushrooms to the scrambled eggs.
How long will my Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits keep in the refrigerator?
Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits will keep up to 2 – 3 days in the fridge in an air-tight container. Leave them any longer and they’ll start to get soggy.
Can I freeze the Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits?
You can freeze these breakfast bombs for up to 2 months in an air-tight container or a freezer bag.
How can I reheat the stuffed breakfast biscuits leftovers?
If your biscuit is not frozen, wrap it in a paper towel and reheat it in the microwave for 45 – 50 seconds. If it is frozen, microwave on 30-40% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Place back in microwave if it needs a bit more time.
The air-fryer is another great option to reheat and crisp up. Place refrigerated biscuit in the air fryer for approximately 1 – 2 minutes. If you put a frozen biscuit in the air fryer, heat for approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
Can I use frozen biscuits for this recipe?
In my experience, frozen biscuits are meant to be baked right out of the freezer. I don’t think it would be the best option since you have to be able to crimp the edges of the biscuit after adding the filling.
More Yummy Breakfast Recipes To Try
If you love these breakfast bombs, you’ll love these other delicious breakfast ideas too!
- Best Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Delicious and Hearty Baked Oatmeal with Fruit
- Banana Protein Muffins
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (8 - 10) large biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Drain the grease but leave a little grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs directly into the pan and stir until cooked.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Split each biscuit in half. Place half on baking sheet and gently press each biscuit down and out to form a large thin circle.
- . On one half of the flattened biscuit half, place a generous portion of the sausage and egg mixture in center.
- Top the mixture with cheese.
- Place 2nd half of biscuit over the mixture. Use fork to press the edges together to seal.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!