Soft, chewy, crunchy, and extremely delicious…these S’mores Bars have a graham cracker crust with a chocolate center, topped with delicious marshmallows, and baked to perfection. If you love the Starbucks version, you’ll love this one too!
Seriously, is there any dessert better than s’mores? Well, I wouldn’t be able to choose between a S’more and a Chocolate Chip Cookie.
So, in the event that I’m ever forced to choose between two unbeatable dessert options, I’ve come up with a fail-proof plan: these S’mores Cookie Bars!
I have a plethora of delicious dessert options ranging from the simple to the (almost) complex.
But, like many other people, we can get stuck in a rut enjoying the same recipes over and over.
Chocolate chip cookies are always requested and enjoyed. S’mores, on the other hand, tend to be a summertime delight.
So you can imagine how delighted I was when I came up with this super easy S’mores Bars recipe. It is GENIUS!
This recipe is so easy that you actually no longer have to choose which favorite dessert to make. You also don’t need a campfire to achieve the delightful s’mores flavors.
Plus, if you’ve ever tried the Starbucks s’mores bars, you know how amazing they are (and how quickly the cost to feed that addiction adds up)!
Make these s’mores bars yourself – it’s SUPER easy!
WIN, WIN!!! 😂
Take this recipe to your next potluck, and you’ll be the start of the show!
Ingredients Needed For S’mores Bars
- Butter – melted
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – pre-crushed or do-it-yourself in the food processor
- Confectioners’ Sugar – aka powdered sugar
- Chocolate Bars – I prefer Hershey’s
- Mini Marshmallows – white or multi-colored
How To Make S’mores Bars
You’ll love how easy this process is – just a tiny bit of work for big, delicious results!
Begin by placing parchment paper in a large baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Next, in a medium-large bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and melted butter. Mix well.
Add the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of the baking pan. Using your hand or large spatula, press the crumbs into a flat layer.
Bake for 5 – 7 minutes. Keep in mind that the crust will harden as it cools.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes.
After the crust has cooled, place the chocolate bars on top of the crust and place them back into the oven for 3 minutes or until the chocolate starts to melt.
Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the entire crust, then allow to cool for at least 2 minutes.
Next, add the marshmallows to the top of the chocolate. Put back into the oven for another 5 – 10 minutes watching to make sure the marshmallows do not burn.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
S’mores Bars Recipe Notes And Tips
- After removing them from the oven for the final time, you can chill them in the refrigerator to help cool them down a little quicker.
- This recipe calls for mini marshmallows, but if you only have regular-sized marshmallows, use them. You can cut them in half if you prefer.
- If you do not have parchment paper available, aluminum foil will work just as well.
- Allow your S’mores Bars to cool completely for easier slicing.
Variations Of S’mores Bars To Try
- Add a layer of peanut butter on top of the crust before the layer of chocolate bars. YUM!!!
- A mint chocolate bar will add a little extra added zip to those delicious bars.
- Why not think outside the box and try using raspberry, truffle, or sea salt, and caramel candy bars. Mmmmm……
Here are some common questions I see readers ask about these S’mores Bars…and their answers.
IF you have any leftovers, they will keep for up to 5 – 6 days at room temperature if stored in an air-tight container.
Absolutely!!! They can be frozen for up to 6 weeks if stored in a freezer-safe, air-tight container. Allow thawing at room temperature before serving.
Yes! If you are taking these to a family reunion or school function, you can certainly make them a day ahead of time and store them in an air-tight container until you are ready to serve.
You bet!!! You will just need an extra parchment-lined baking pan!
That would be a great choice since the fluff or creme stays soft and gooey even when not warmed up. But beware because it can be very sticky and messy!
More Scrumptious Desserts To Try
If you love these yummy bars and want even more fun, delicious treats, check out these ideas:
- The Best Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
- Easy Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies
- Fruit Tacos With Fresh Berries
- Easy Oreo Fudge
- Chocolate Chip Cake
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 Hershey chocolate bars
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- Put parchment paper in a large baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar and melted butter.
- Put the mixture to the bottom of the baking pan. Press down the crumbs with your finger or the bottom of a glass.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes (the crust will harden as it cools.)
- Take out from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the chocolate bars on top of the crust and place in oven for 3 minutes (until the chocolate just begins to melt)
- Spread the chocolate with spatula until all the crust is covered.
- Next, cool it down for 2 minutes.
- Place the marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Put the pan into the oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. (Watch for the marshmallows, do not burn, because every oven is different)
- After it cooked, let them cool completely. If you want, you can chill them in the fridge.)
- ENJOY! 😊