Treat your mom to a Charcuterie Bouquet by creating this beautiful arrangement that will show her just how much you appreciate everything she does. You’ll give her delicious food in a gorgeous presentation which is like giving her two gifts at once!
Everyone says it so often (especially near Mother’s Day) that moms work hard. It starts to get old hearing it, but I can say that it’s absolutely true.
Being a mom is an endless, thankless job in the very best way. We moms don’t do all that we do in order to have someone thank us or fawn over us. But once in a while, being treated to something special is super nice!
I’ve shared some fun Mother’s Day ideas in the past, but I am LOVING how this idea turned out! After you treat mom to breakfast in bed with a scrumptious Strawberry French Toast Bake or Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, make her a meat and cheese bouquet for lunch.
Every mom will appreciate a charcuterie bouquet!
If you want more Charcuterie Board recipes, try my
- Charcuterie In A Jar: A Savory Jarcuterie
- Kid-Themed Valentine’s Day Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
Ingredients Needed For Charcuterie Bouquet Recipe
- Strawberries – halved
- Pineapple Chunks – drained
- Bread Sticks – long thin breadsticks work best to make it look like a flower stem
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Andes Mints
- Provolone Cheese – thinly sliced and halved
- Mixed Nuts – your preference
- Colby Jack Cheese Cubes – pre-cut or cube them yourself from a block of cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese Cubes – pre-cut or cube them yourself
- Black & Green Olives
- Ribbon – any color or style
- Tall Narrow Glass – For making salami roses
How To Make A Charcuterie Bouquet
With a bundle of breadsticks, 6 – 8 pieces, place them on the serving board vertically in the center.
Lay the fresh rosemary sprigs vertically on top of the bundle of bread sticks. Tie the breadsticks and rosemary together with a ribbon, the color of your choice.
Now you are going to make the roses out of the salami. Fold the salami around the rim of a tall, thin glass in layers that resemble a rose. Remove from the rim of the glass and place it on top of the breadstick and rosemary bundle.
Continue this process with until you have 3 or 4 salami roses.
Next you will make some small cheese roses either for the center of the salami roses or to place randomly around the board.
Roll one half of the cheese slice tightly then roll the other half around the first rolled half.
Now you can create and design the rest of the bouquet exactly the way you choose.
Place the remaining cheese cubes, olives and fruits around the centerpiece as you desire.
The prosciutto will be rolled tightly and placed on the board wherever you choose.
Place the mixed nuts and mints around the outer edge of the serving board.
Charcuterie Bouquet Recipe Notes And Tips
- Additional flowers can be made by arranging strawberry centers, pineapple chunk petals, olive centers, and cheese cube petals to fancy up the board a bit.
- Get the perfect size board or tray before you begin arranging the items. It will be a huge time saver if you do instead of having to go back and redo it all because your board is not the right size.
- Be sure to use a picture or template for a reference. Trust me you will be glad you did.
Variations Of Charcuterie Bouquet To Try
- Add bite-size vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced cucumber, radishes, celery, sweet mini peppers, or tiny gherkin pickles.
- Include pickled baby corn or baby gherkins for some color and a little zippy bite. 😉
- Change up the charcuterie boards based on upcoming events and holidays such as Dessert, Kid-Friendly, Seasons, Christmas, Breakfast, or Date Night!
Mother’s Day Charcuterie Bouquet FAQs
Both salami and prosciutto are considered cold cuts. Salami is generally air-dried, smoked, or dried and then allowed to age for about 6 – 10 weeks.
Prosciutto is heavily salted and left to cure in a cool dry environment for a couple of weeks.
You can make this Charcuterie Bouquet 4 – 5 hours ahead of serving time. Keep it in the refrigerator, wrapped securely in plastic wrap, then remove it from the fridge 30 – 40 minutes prior to serving.
GREAT QUESTION! 🙂 You will not want it to sit out any longer than about 1.5 – 2 hours. If you allow it to sit at room temperature for more than 2 hours it is likely that the perishable foods will begin to spoil (and could make people sick).
It should keep nicely in the refrigerator if covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 – 3 days. If you leave it any longer than that you might consider separating all the different items into their own container.
More Party Themed Recipes To Try
- Encanto Cupcakes (Movie-Themed Cupcakes)
- The BEST Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe
- Graveyard Oreo Halloween Dirt Cups Dessert
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe
- Fruity Cocomelon Rainbow Popsicles
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Bread sticks
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Andes mints
- Thin sliced provolone cheese, halved
- Mixed nuts
- 1 package salami
- 1 package prosciutto
- Colby jack cheese cubes
- Pepper jack cheese cubes
- Black & green olives
- Ribbon, any color or style
- Tall narrow glass for making salami roses
- Place a bundle of breadsticks at the center bottom of serving board.
- Lay fresh rosemary sprigs in the center of the bundle and tie together with ribbon.
- Next make the salami roses by folding the salami around the rim of a tall thin glass in layers, carefully remove the rose and place at the top of the breadstick stem bundle.
- Repeat this process until you have 3-4 centerpiece roses.
- To make cheese roses roll one cheese half tightly then rolls a second half around it - you can place these in the center of each salami rose or randomly along the board.
- The rest of the bouquet is completely up to your preference.
- Place remaining ingredients around the flower centerpiece.
- Additional flowers can be made with strawberry centers and pineapple chunk petals, olive centers and cheese cube petals, etc.
- Prosciutto should be rolled tightly and placed randomly along the board.
- Nut mix and chocolate mints can be placed along the outside edges.
- Have fun, be creative, and enjoy!